Call to young scientists to submit abstracts for oral presentations.
Jointly hosted by the:
the symposium seeks to increase knowledge and build capacity in infectious disease research amongst early career researchers in the Africa region. The main aim of convening this symposium from a One Health stance stems from the growing global threats of epidemics and the need for realisation of a collective sense of responsibility towards a proactive public health regime.
This call is open to early career researchers who are based in Africa. Applicants should meet the following criteria to participate:
1. Be resident in Africa;
2. Be early career researchers (those undertaking PhD or a Postdoctoral Fellowship);
3. Be under the age of forty (40);
4. Have research experience associated with infectious diseases. SEE SUB-THEMES IN COURSE DOCUMENTS;
5. Commit to be present and actively engage for the duration of the symposium;
6. Submission of an abstract that will be the basis for presentation at the symposium; and
7. Willing to present and share current research results at the symposium.
ABSTRACT FORMAT (to be followed exactly): Do not exceed 300 words (excluding Title, Authors and Institutions) and write in English.
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned criteria should send an email HERE to request an application form.
ALL SANTHE APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR APPLICATIONS HERE.
If you have not heard back from us by the 1st of March, please consider your application unsuccessful.